Friday, May 20, 2011

Reply to John

John, I've slightly amended my post to make it very, very clear that I'm not inciting or asking anyone to shoot you (if it wasn't clear enough already), but referring to the logical outcome of a judicial process in Indonesia which you support. I have not sent you any "Hate" mail, and I'm certainly not responsible for what anyone else has written. Indonesia shoots people for smuggling drugs, and they use a firing squad. That's a fact of life, do you dispute it? My picture shows a firing squad (not a random act of murder), and my blog refers to the outcome of court proceedings. If Indonesia did not shoot people for smuggling drugs, then obviously, my blog post would not have referred to this Indonesian practise. It's not a gratuitous picture. The logical outcome of the arguments you sent me is that if you were found with drugs in your luggage in Indonesia (which you had no knowledge of), and they ignored all the available evidence, then sentenced you to death after the court case, you'd think that was perfectly fair and reasonable?

The picture is shocking, because the logical outcome of your argument is shocking and horrific, e.g. the death and/or incarceration of innocent people. Though if you don't think it would be fair for Indonesia to shoot you in those circumstances (if that was the judgement of the court), and I've misrepresented your views because you don't support the death penalty of that country for drug smuggling (and you think it's wrong), then of course, I'd be more than happy to remove that blog post immediately. Just let me know ASAP, and it will be done. I don't have a problem with doing that. Further, if you can find any specific wording in my blog post which incites people to randomly shoot you, please quote and get back to me, and I'll remove (at once), the offending statement.

Do you realise though, that the opinion you've sent me actually incites and supports the judicial murder of innocent travellers in Indonesia?

I'd also like to point out that via your logic, if innocent Qantas passenger Gary MacDonald had been caught in Indonesia, he would (very likely), be facing a firing squad. Here's info about Gary MacDonald (an Australian press article):


He was a victim of exactly the SAME baggage handling crew (at exactly the same time), that "Dealt" with Schapelle's bags.

Sometimes it takes a shocking image, and confrontation with the absolute reality of what we're advocating, to dent a fossilised mindset. So please get back to me John (as I've requested above), to either moderate the apparent logical outcome of your views, which makes my depiction an unfair representation of your opinion, and/or quote any specific words which incites people to randomly harm you, and I'll remove and/or alter my post immediately, and without argument.

Regards, Kim