Thursday, July 5, 2012

Some notes

Thanks for re-tweeting. Much appreciated.  I get very angry at the crap in Australian newspapers (though you might have noticed that) - and I guess it must be frustrating to write within given parameters, to someone else's agenda.  You'd never see a Pilger, Fisk or Naomi Klein employed in Australia, would you? I had ambitions to be a journalist at school, though I now know I wouldn't have lasted more than five minutes before telling the editor to stick his demands where the sun doesn't shine. Just finished reading Tom Watson's "Dial M for Murdoch." Very unedifying . . . with a lot more shit to come out yet.  I hope you manage to carve your own niche some time soon, if you love language and your craft.  It's a powerful tool, but I guess you know that . . .